Home » Visitor Information » Parking & Accessibility
On-street parking is available in the neighborhood for two hours at a time.
Regrettably, we are no longer able to accept requests for charter bus parking. All drivers should be informed to drop off and pick up passengers on 16th Street, at the front of the building.
The House of the Temple is a historic building, yet almost all places on the tour can be reached by people with disabilities. Designed and built between 1911 and 1915, the House of the Temple contains a number of grand staircases. While elevators have been installed, making access easier for all, please let your guide know if you have any special needs as you tour the building.
Also please take note of the following when planning your tour:
- There is a rear elevator for wheelchair and/or handicapped access. Please ring the back doorbell, and guides will escort you to the atrium.
- We have a limited number of wheelchairs available for use within the House of the Temple.
- Service animals are welcome.
- Baby strollers can be used in the majority of the building.
- At this time, the Temple Room and the George Washington Banquet Hall are not wheelchair- or stroller-accessible.
If you need other assistance, please call 202-232-3579.