Several questions have been asked about attendance at the 2023 Biennial Session 33° Conferral Ceremony in Washington, D.C.
There are three ways for a new 33°, Inspector General Honorary (IGH), to attend the 2023 Biennial Session 33° Conferral Ceremony.
- Register for the Entire Session—The first and best way to attend is to register for and attend the entire Biennial Session in Washington, D.C., that starts with the Welcome Reception at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 20, and concludes with the Honours Banquet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, August 22. To learn more and to register, please follow this link. The cost of a full registration is $375 for a member ($300 for a spouse), which includes the Honours Banquet and can be paid via credit card while registering. A link also will be provided to reserve a room at the Washington Hilton.
- Register for the Honors Banquet Only—The second way to attend the 2023 Biennial Session 33° Conferral Ceremony is to register for the Honours Banquet only at a cost of $175 per person. To learn more and to register, please follow this link. The IGH-elect will need to arrive for the 33° Conferral itself, which begins promptly at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, August 22, at the House of the Temple located at 1733 16th St. NW, Washington, D.C. and concludes at noon that same day at the District of Columbia Scottish Rite Temple located at 2800 16th St. NW, Washington, D.C. Transportation will be provided between the two Conferral venues and the Washington Hilton Hotel; however, there is no parking available at either Conferral venue. The Honors Banquet will begin at 7 p.m. that same day.
- Attend the Conferral Only—The final option is to email our Membership Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org and then, as above, show up for the 33° Conferral itself, which begins promptly at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, August 22, at the House of the Temple located at 1733 16th St. NW, Washington, D.C.
In all cases the new IGH should:
- inform his Valley Secretary of his intentions,
- pay the Honours Fee prior to the 33° Conferral,
- have a white 33° cap for the ceremony—Please note that the new IGH and/or his Valley / Orient is responsible for providing the new IGHs White Caps for the Conferral Ceremony.
Any additional questions and/or concerns should be directed to the Scottish Rite Membership Services Department at email@example.com.