Scottish Rite Has Talent
Scottish Rite Has Talent
Do you play an instrument? Are you and fellow brothers a part of a band? Have friends complimented you on your singing voice?
Celebrating the Craft is looking for YOU!
Scottish Rite Has Talent is a contest in which we will judge video entries of musical talent and ultimately choose only TWELVE to perform LIVE during the 2013 Celebrating the Craft.
Musical Performers, whether an individual or a group, from Orients all over the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, are invited to submit videos no longer than five minutes in length to be entered into this contest.
From each Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, Orient, we will choose one submission as a semi-finalist. These semi-finalists then will be identified during the 2013 Celebrating the Craft and announced in The Scottish Rite Journal and on our web site.
Of the semi-finalists, TWELVE will be chosen as winners. These twelve winners will be invited to perform LIVE during the May 18, 2013 Celebrating the Craft.
**Winners will be responsible for their transportation to Washington, D.C. The Celebrating the Craft will provide lodging and meals through the dates May 17–19, 2013.**
Instructions for Submission:
- Record talent in a 5-minute maximum length video.
- Clearly state the name of the talent and their Orient at the beginning of the video.
- Visit the Video Entry page and follow submission instructions.
- The deadline is February 28, 2013, 11:59 pm EST.
- Questions? Email email@example.com or call 202–777–3196.
RULES & GUIDELINES
- The deadline for submission is February 28, 2013, 11:59 pm EST.
- Within musical groups, at least HALF of all performers must be Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, members.
- Members must be in good standing with the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction.
- All video content must be appropriate and consistent with Scottish Rite values.
- Videos must be submitted by the deadline.
- When video is uploaded to https://dropbox.yousendit.com/2013WebEvent, the subject heading must be “Scottish Rite Has Talent.”
- When video is uploaded to https://dropbox.yousendit.com/2013WebEvent, the message box must include the following information:
- Name of Talent(s) Member;
- Orient of Origin;
- Primary Contact Name;
- Primary Contact Address;
- Primary Contact Email;
- Primary Contact Number.
Semi-finalist and Winner Notification:
- The 40 semi-finalists chosen from each Orient will be notified by March 7, 2013.
- The 12 winners of the contest will be notified by March 14, 2013.
- The 12 winners should expect contact from the House of the Temple regarding a more detailed itinerary for the dates of May 17–19, 2013.
- The 12 winners of the contest will be responsible for their transportation to Washington, D.C.
- The 12 winners will arrive on Friday, May 17 and return home Sunday, May 19, 2013.
- Lodging and meals will be provided for the winners during these dates.
- Rehearsals for the 2013 Celebrating the Craft will be held off-site on May 17.
- There will be a Scottish Rite Has Talent backup band for those requiring accompaniment.
- Amps, keyboards, and drums will be provided.
- Guitars and other handheld instruments may be brought on-site.
- A media release form will be sent to the 12 winners prior to the 2013 Celebrating the Craft.
September 15, 2012
To submit a photo or story for our "In the news" features please email 200 words or less and a digital image to Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from email@example.com.