The Scottish Rite Journal (ISSN 1076-8572) is published bimonthly by the Supreme Council, 33°, Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry of the Southern Jurisdiction, United States of America, 1733 Sixteenth St., NW, Washington, DC 20009-3103.
Domestic, $15 for 1 year; $40 for 3 years
Foreign, $37 for 1 year; $115 for 3 years (domestic checks only)
Masonic widows, $2.50 for 1 year.
Individual copies are available:
Current issue, $3 each
Back issues (if available, please specify month and year), $3 each.
You can subscribe to the Scottish Rite Journal via our online store or you may subscribe by mail using the address above.
Articles in regard to Masonry in general or Scottish Rite in particular are invited. Whenever possible, relevant photographs illustrating the article (length: 1,000 to 1,500 words), the author’s brief biography (100 words or less), and a close, formal portrait should accompany each submission. See examples in any issue. Also, articles should be typed, double-spaced, and accompanied by a disk record in PC or MAC format or via e-mail to Ill. Brent Morris, 33°, Grand Cross, Managing Editor, to: email@example.com.
All articles are subject to editing and, when published, become the property of the Supreme Council, 33°. No compensation is allowed for any articles, photographs, or other materials submitted or published.
Please direct all communications to:
The Scottish Rite Journal
1733 Sixteenth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009-3103
In this magazine:
- R. Reinhardt III, “On Jacob’s Ladder, the Greatest Is Charity”
- S. Dodd, “Virtual Communication of Degrees”
- B. Ruli, “By the Plumb, Square, and Zoom: Freemasonry in the Age of a Pandemic”
- M. Dreisonstok, “Forgotten Gems in Stories for the American Freemason’s Fireside”
- J. Marples, “Longview Texas: The Importance of Old Masonic Halls in Our Communities”
- A. Gehlert, “The Art of Jean Baptiste Greuze, Masonic Moralist Painter”
- R. Elsner, “Bible Study for Freemasons: Zerubbabel’s Speech on Truth”
- J. Bozeman, “The Secret History of the Book of 1 Esdras”
- M. Szramoski, “‘Returning to Normal’ Post-Covid”
- R. Himmel, “We Hold These Truths”
- P. Brusoe, “DeMolay: Putting Family into the Masonic Family”
- M. Evans, “What’s a Dues Card Worth?”
- Plus: Sovereign Grand Commander’s Message; Masonic Crossword Puzzle; Chips from the Quarry; Current Interest; Notes from The Northern Light; and Book Reviews!