The Scottish Rite Journal (ISSN 1076-8572) is published bimonthly by the Supreme Council, 33°, Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry of the Southern Jurisdiction, United States of America, 1733 Sixteenth St., NW, Washington, DC 20009-3103.
Domestic, $15 for 1 year; $40 for 3 years
Foreign, $37 for 1 year; $115 for 3 years (domestic checks only)
Masonic widows, $2.50 for 1 year.
Individual copies are available:
Current issue, $3 each
Back issues (if available, please specify month and year), $3 each.
You can subscribe to the Scottish Rite Journal via our online store or you may subscribe by mail using the address above.
Articles in regard to Masonry in general or Scottish Rite in particular are invited. Whenever possible, relevant photographs illustrating the article (length: 1,000 to 1,500 words), the author’s brief biography (100 words or less), and a close, formal portrait should accompany each submission. See examples in any issue. Also, articles should be typed, double-spaced, and accompanied by a disk record in PC or MAC format or via e-mail to Ill. Brent Morris, 33°, Grand Cross, Managing Editor, to: email@example.com.
All articles are subject to editing and, when published, become the property of the Supreme Council, 33°. No compensation is allowed for any articles, photographs, or other materials submitted or published.
Please direct all communications to:
The Scottish Rite Journal
1733 Sixteenth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009-3103
In this magazine:
- M. Szramoski, Supreme Council Announces New Grant Program for Masonic Appendant Bodies & Masonic Youth Groups
- S. Karatas, Mozart, Music, and Masonry
- R.J.F. Elsner, Bible Study for Freemasons: The Stone which the Builders Rejected
- L. Walsh, Philosopher-Kings and the Knights of the Scottish Rite
- J. Anderson, Honoring David Wooster, Hero of the War of Independence
- M. Dreisonstok, Meet Us in St. Louis: 2022 Children’s Language and Literacy Conference
- J. Bozeman, A New Age for Science: The Search for Intelligent Life on Mars in 1912
- B. C. Ruli and M. Dreisonstok, Revisiting the New Age: A Brief History of the Supreme Council’s First Literary Magazine
- M. Close, The Richardson Papers at the House of the Temple Museum
- Plus: Grand Commander’s Message; House of the Temple Highlight; The Masonic Traveler; Cornerstones of the Craft; Chips from the Quarry; Current Interest ; Notes from The Northern Light; Book Reviews; and the Masonic Puzzle
In this magazine:
- A. Shoemaker, Encourage vs. Criticize
- R. Cockerham, Scottish Rite of Missouri Cinematic Reunions: Brotherhood at Its Finest
- P. Mahoney, Build a Legacy, Create a Scholarship
- C. Morgan III, New Scholarship Honors PSGC Ronald A. Seale, 33°
- R.J.F. Elsner, Bible Study for Freemasons: The Parable of the Talents
- M. Edwards, Scottish Rite Journal Artist and Paw Patrol Animator Brother Charles “Ted” Bastien Retires from the Journal
- M. Szramoski, Designs on the Trestleboard: An Update on the Rebuilding the Temple Campaign; Part II: Orient-by-Orient Giving
- G. Martin, The Masonic Music of John Philip Sousa
- J. Danko, Towards a Source of Infinite Light
- Plus: Grand Commander’s Message; Masonic Magicians; Cornerstones of the Craft; Chips from the Quarry; Current Interest; Notes from The Northern Light; The Masonic Traveler; Book Reviews; and the Masonic Puzzle!
In this magazine:
- B. Morris, “Confessions of an Accidental Editor”
- M. Edwards, “The Most Interesting Man in Masonry: Lunch with S. Brent Morris
- “Passing the Editorial Torch”
- R. J. F. Elsner, “Bible Study for Freemasons: Laying the Foundation of the House in Zechariah 4:1–14”
- S. Weissenberger, “Quietism and the Divine Spark
- B. Ruli, “A Castle in the Nation’s Capital: Celebrating the Smithsonian’s Masonic Past on the Institution’s 175th Anniversary”
- M. Dreisonstok, “Royal Mint Commemorates Sir Walter Scott, Scottish Mason”
- M. Szramoski, “Designs on the Trestleboard “
- M. Edwards, “Houdini Redux”
- L. Walsh, “The Book of Rites and the Ritual Cultivation of Propriety”
- Plus: 2021 Biennial Session Announcement; Sovereign Grand Commander’s Message; Chips from the Quarry; Current Interest; Notes from The Northern Light; Temple Museum Highlight; Rebuilding the Temple Campaign update; Book Reviews; and the Masonic Puzzle!
In this magazine:
- R. Reinhardt III, “On Jacob’s Ladder, the Greatest Is Charity”
- S. Dodd, “Virtual Communication of Degrees”
- B. Ruli, “By the Plumb, Square, and Zoom: Freemasonry in the Age of a Pandemic”
- M. Dreisonstok, “Forgotten Gems in Stories for the American Freemason’s Fireside”
- J. Marples, “Longview Texas: The Importance of Old Masonic Halls in Our Communities”
- A. Gehlert, “The Art of Jean Baptiste Greuze, Masonic Moralist Painter”
- R. Elsner, “Bible Study for Freemasons: Zerubbabel’s Speech on Truth”
- J. Bozeman, “The Secret History of the Book of 1 Esdras”
- M. Szramoski, “‘Returning to Normal’ Post-Covid”
- R. Himmel, “We Hold These Truths”
- P. Brusoe, “DeMolay: Putting Family into the Masonic Family”
- M. Evans, “What’s a Dues Card Worth?”
- Plus: Sovereign Grand Commander’s Message; Masonic Crossword Puzzle; Chips from the Quarry; Current Interest; Notes from The Northern Light; and Book Reviews!