We are now accepting submissions for Scottish Rite Has Talent 2017! See “Submission Details” below to send your talent video. The submission deadline is March 1, 2017.
Scottish Rite Has Talent is a program that supports the annual webcast fundraiser, Celebrating the Craft (CTC). CTC is set to air LIVE Saturday, May 20, 2017. It is a unique opportunity to share and celebrate our talented Brethren throughout the Southern Jurisdiction.
Members who want to participate will be asked to submit videos online via Hightail. We are looking for videos that feature music, dance, art, magic, theater, and other appropriate talents. There is no fee or purchase required to participate.
- Videos can feature music or other appropriate talents.
- All talents must be able to fit in a small area (performance space is limited in size).
- Videos are to be no longer than five (5) minutes in length.
- The deadline for video submissions is: March 1, 2017.
- Video submissions will be reviewed by a team consisting of House of the Temple staff: Ill. Matthew T. Szramoski, 33° (Director of Development), Jessica E. Blossfeld (Development Communications and Events Coordinator), and David King, CEO & Owner of the Carlin Company, the group producing the CTC.
- 12 musical talent videos and 6 other talent videos will be selected as the 18 winners of the contest. Winners will be notified by: March 15, 2017. Winners will be selected based on the following criteria: ability (20%); creativity (20%); difficulty (20%); originality (20%); sound quality (10%); and video quality (10%).
- Winners will be invited to perform LIVE during CTC 2017 and published with recognition on our website and in the Scottish Rite Journal.
- Winners will be responsible for their transportation to DC, but lodging and meals will be provided for the dates of May 18–21.
Guidelines and Rules
- Open to Scottish Rite, SJ, members who are U.S. residents only. NY & RI residents are not allowed to participate.
- For group submissions, at least HALF of all performers must be Scottish Rite, SJ members. No minors may participate.
- Members must be in good standing with the Scottish Rite, SJ. No minors may participate.
- All video content must be appropriate and in line with Scottish Rite values, i.e., no crude or offensive language, no sexual images, no violence, no discriminating or disparaging acts.
- All talent acts must be able to fit in a small area as staging space for the live show is limited.
- Videos must be submitted by the deadline: March 1, 2017.
- Videos must be no longer than FIVE (5) minutes.
- When video is uploaded to Hightail, the subject heading must include the name associated with the submission followed by “talent submission.”
- The message field must include the following information:
- Name of Talent
- Valley of Origin
- Primary Contact Name
- Primary Contact Address
- Primary Contact Email
- Primary Contact Number
- Names of others associated with the submission (if applicable)
Void where prohibited. Not open to the general public.
- The 18 winners will be chosen and notified by March 15, 2017.
- Leadership will be notified of winners within their Orient and Valleys.
- Winners will be invited to perform live during CTC 2017 and will be featured on the Scottish Rite website and in the Scottish Rite Journal.
- There are no actual prizes awarded to the winners.
- The 18 winners should expect contact from the House of the Temple regarding a more detailed itinerary for the dates of May 18–21.
- Winners will be responsible for their transportation to DC.
- Winners will need to be able to be present at the House of the Temple on Friday, May 19 (rehearsal) and Saturday, May 20 (day of the live show).
- Lodging and meals will be provided for the winners from Thursday, May 18 through Sunday, May 21.
- Amps, keyboards, and drums will be provided.
- Guitars and other handheld instruments may be brought on site.
- All winners must sign a media release form that will be sent to them prior to the CTC.
Special Note to Actives & Deputies
The Development Office will forward you a list of members within your Orient who submitted a video of their musical talent.
For additional information regarding CTC, contact Jessica Blossfeld, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202–777–3187.