Sidebar: The Dedication Ceremony

House of the Temple Dedication 1915

January-February 2011

Photo: Opening Ceremony for the new House of the Temple

The Opening Ceremony for the new House of the Temple was conducted by Grand Commander George F. Moore October 18, 1915. “Twenty Inspectors General, eight Deputies of The Supreme Council, 70 visitors from Canada and the Northern Jurisdiction and 1,118 visitors from the Southern Jurisdiction were present.” (History of the Supreme Council, p. 408) The Supreme Council marched in a procession from the old House of the Temple to the new one. The dedication ceremony was held on the front steps of the new House of the Temple.