The Guthrie, Oklahoma, Knights of St. Andrew (KSA) with assistance from the St. Louis, Missouri, Chapter, will host the first ever National Gathering of Knights in conjunction with the Guthrie Valley Spring Reunion, March 30–April 1, 2012. KSA members, as well as knights from other “Black Cap” Scottish Rite service organizations from across the nation, are invited to participate.
Chapters of the Knights of St. Andrew have sprung-up across the country over the past twenty years. Each Chapter is independent—several even use other names like “Order of the Thistle”—but every Scottish Rite “Black Cap” service group has the same basic objectives:
- Assisting the General Secretary of their Valley with Reunions and other events
- Contributing to charities benefiting children and sponsored by their Valley
This first ever National Gathering has the following goals:
- Improve communication between chapters through camaraderie
- Equip chapters to better serve their Scottish Rite Valleys
- Increase effective support to charities sponsored by respective Valleys
Break-out session will give each chapter an opportunity to discuss what’s working well in their Valley and to open dialogue between chapter members which will carry forward even after the Gathering has concluded.
Check the links on the “First National Gathering” tab of the website www.ksaguthrie.org for more details and a registration form. Bring your lady; bring your fellow Knights; bring your bragging rights to the KSA National Gathering in Guthrie, OK, March 30–April 1, 2012.
Questions? Contact: KSAofGuthrieOK@dittmar.net