The Supreme Council, 33°, SJ, is having its third annual photo contest. We are looking for photos that feature Masonic people and activities from your hometown. Did you attend the reunion and get one of that brother in his costume? Or, how about backstage when Bro. Joe was sleeping on the job? The brethren at the last Masonic dinner? How about those cool artifacts you have in the museum? Or the kitchen crew serving lunch?
Categories this year are:
- Outdoor: Shots taken outside including a Masonic subject—anything from buildings to architecture and events and activities held outdoors
- Details: Shots taken of Masonic objects or subjects, as long as it is a tight composition of a detail.
- Spontaneous: Shots that are fun, unrehearsed, and unposed at your Masonic events
- Digital: Shots that are created or drastically altered in software like Adobe Photoshop®; Images greatly manipulated with “buZZ,” “Flood,” or other filters; photos with artistic borders; use of other new photo altering technology. Photo must be of a Masonic subject.
- Traditional: Shots of your Masonic happenings that don’t fit the other categories, but you think they should be considered in the contest.
Send your photos to Heather K. Calloway at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winning photos will be featured on the ScottishRite.org website and in the Scottish Rite Journal magazine. Prizes will be awarded in each category. Check out the rules and instructions on how to enter on our website here: